Two very special little girls turn 6 today. They were very excited this morning opening presents before school. Here are the highlights:
1. Beaming faces when Poppy & Ruby saw their new bikes
2. Birthday badges proudly on and ready to share their birthday with all their school friends.
3. Much happiness that they get to rehearse for school concert on their birthday.
4. Everything coming together for school function on Thursday
5. Lunch with my sister – a rare occurrence!
6. A spot if retail therapy after we re-fuelled.
7. Friends who helped at swimming lessons tonight – you deserve gold medals!
8. First post accident Physio session – no pain, no gain!
9.Family and friends birthday dinner
10. Never been happier to see this face!
Monday should have been a work day for me but, as the last few days have shown, things just don’t always go to plan!
The highlights if the day:
1. Thanks to my friend who got me out of the house to the supermarket (exciting stuff) – a job which didn’t fit into the upheaval of the weekend. It’s easy to push an empty trolley with one hand but not so much when it’s full of the weekly food requirements of a family of 6!!!!
2. Sitting down, yes just sitting down with nowhere I needed to be and nothing I needed to do.
3. Seeing the happiness on the kids faces when I picked them up, particularly Ella who struggled a bit with me not being around on the weekend.
4. Cooperative kids when I explained they had to help – Char put some of the groceries away, Ruby washed the dishes and Ella made packed lunches.
5. Cake baking – again!
6. Thanks to our lovely neighbours who have been hiding new bikes for the girls.
7. Endone – thanks for getting me through the night!
Ruby & Poppy woke around 5 this morning already excited but I packed them off back to bed where they lasted until just after 6. The excitement was all too much!
1. 2 very happy girls with all their school friends at their party doing craft, dancing and games.
2. The owl cake – Auntie Maz did a fabulous job!
3. Friends – you stayed to help amidst the chaos, thank you!
4. Friends who have more or less adopted Charlie – can we have visitation if he refuses to come home?
5. One happy birthday girl who was very spoilt shopping with Uncle Harry this afternoon 😀
6. One not so happy birthday girl who was very sick and had to postpone her shopping trip 😞
7. One more visit to the hospital to get my pain under control, oh and the small detail of the missed break in my wrist which is now in a cast!
8. Friends (and family!!!) who tidied up post party, dealt with a sick Poppy, drove and waited with me at hospital, cooked us a meal and generally organised my world – a huge big thanks!
9. Friends who sent all the lovely messages, you made me smile when there wasn’t much to smile about!
A typical Saturday morning for me would start with a run followed by brekkie with the kids but today’s specialist subject has been pain management! I’ve never been good with strong painkillers and this time around is no better, nausea and dizziness are not conducive to organising Poppy & Rubys party for tomorrow.
The good news from the day is:
1. Very happy Poppy & Ruby who went birthday shopping with Auntie Jill
2. Friends and more friends looking after Ella and Charlie today/tonight. Eternally grateful!!
3. Fabulous auction results for friends in our street
4. House is organised for the party tomorrow morning.
5. Sisters, there to help with whatever you need!
So tonight my blog post is brought to you while the effects of some panadeine fort are dulling the pain of my broken left arm! Yes you read that correctly….it’s broken thanks to another bike accident.
But let’s not dwell on the negatives and look at some other highlights of the day:
1. Beautiful sun shining day
2. Parent helping in class – I love when you see them grasp a concept for themselves.
3. Fish & Chips in the park after basketball madness
4. Alan is visiting my parents….that makes me happy!
Thursday’s are my last working day of the week so tend to come filled with a very long to do list but increased motivation to get through it as the clock ticks beyond 5.
The highlights of today:
1. Swinburne Online has recently been recognised as one of Australia’s fastest growing companies on BRWs fast starters list. It’s exciting to be a part of this company full of people who are so passionate about what we do!
2. A lunchtime run…..perfect conditions and good training for the upcoming corporate games.
3. The sun coming out for my evening cycle home.
4. Again friends who helped with today’s drop offs and pick ups – thanks!
How can the middle of the working week be bad? After all the weekend is now getting closer!
1. Love an 8am basketball session at school!!
2. Ella stacked it off her skateboard on the way to said basketball……why wouldn’t she take her bike like I asked????
3. Lunch in the park enjoying the sun.
4. Happiness on the kids faces as they FaceTimed with daddy.
5. Thank goodness for my slow cooker – instant dinner for tired kids when we got home at 6.30.
6. Musical beds – all the girls are in together and Charlie tucked up in my bed!
7. Party planning – our little twins are turning 6!