I’ve (or should I say we’ve) survived the first 24 hours of a 10 day single parenting journey with Alan in the UK for work.
So the highlights of day 1:
1. A 7.30 am tantrum over the colour of a toothbrush (this child shall remain nameless but for those of you jumping to conclusions….it wasn’t the one you’re thinking of!)
2. Smiles as I left Ruby in the school yard when she yelled out “love you mum” at the top of her voice as I pedalled off to work.
3. Positive news from my orthopaedic surgeon….X-ray shows no obvious hip issue and no need to have pins removed. Relieved is an understatement!
4. Happy to hear Alan arrived safely. The awful plane disasters of recent months have freaked me out.
5. Happy children at the end of the day spending quality time with Uncle Harry .
6. Smiling as I type listening to the sleeping noises of Pops & Rubes who are tucked up in my bed!!!!
Today definitely improved from point 1 above so I wonder what tomorrow will have in store???